Stuff you can see
- Generally improved consistency and usability.
- Much improved surfacing of content. I don’t write much in the way of blogs or articles so the main feed now includes changelogs and apps too.
- Along the same lines, much better search functionality - also includes links to Github repositories.
- Added ‘Toys and Tools’ quick-links to fun or useful webapps.
- Redesigned Github UI now displays info on closed issues and merged pull requests as well as recent commits.
- Improved contextual color themes.
Stuff you can’t see
- Complete rewrite of Django templates.
- Complete rewrite of SASS/SCSS.
- Front-end tests with Jest and Cypress.
- Complete rewrite of Github API integration.
- Better integration of content from Github API with our own content.
- Improved admin interface.
Basically a whole bunch of things that been annoying me for ages. The overall site structure is now much simpler to work with - for me and hopefully for you too :)